Sunday, 20 April 2008

Daffodils

So I'm still paranoid. I just wrote a post about how I love where I live but miss the green I grew up in and just deleted the lot- too personal, too identifiable. So The title is now meaningless.

Anyway, So wedding season is underway, and that's what happened this weekend. Lush do. Topiary gardens, streams, swans, gothic architecture, STUNNING bride, painful killer heels. No single fit men, which was a good thing cos I was looking a bit frumpy- mind, someone's middle aged aunt took pity on me and paid me a compliment, which I accepted with good grace. It's ok, I'm joining a gym tomorrow- seems the three weeks of starving myself the week before last did sod all. I have till June before the next round of weddings. God, how many weddings have I been to in my life? Atleast 2 or 3 each year, for the last 30 years..that's alot of cake..mmm..cake..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, I have two coming up quickly myself soon. One for my younger brother (usher at that one), one for a friend (photographer at that one). It is indeed the season of the wedding which is almost upon us! Gah.

Cake, indeed :)

Laura Willows said...

Well one of my friends is having TWO WEDDINGS. Marrying he same guy each time but just in front of different crowds,,,

Anonymous said...

jonners-do you like traditional fruit cake? I do but I almost OD'd on it last night.

laura- oh why is that?

C

Laura Willows said...

Just because everyone loves a good wedding, right? So why not have TWO! You can have one of my invites if you like?

Anonymous said...

oh no i have enough to go to this summer and not enough outfits..two weddings? Double the expense..

C

Anonymous said...

C, if you mean like the Easter (Simnel) cake, then yes. I also have a bit of a soft spot for marzipan which is like an achilles heel of mine. Only yellow and soft ;)

Anonymous said...

simnel cake is good, but I was thinking fruit cake that you get at weddings, with icing and..yes marzipan..

though a madeira with jam and icing works almost as well..mmm