Tuesday, 22 April 2008

GymBO!

So it's turned into a bit of a joke at work how I turn up every monday morning with a gym bag and then leave every monday evening with no intention of joining.

BUT

today I finally did it!

It was a total arse. I decided that the gym I get a corporate rate with might be a little nicer but I just wasn't prepared to bare that much wobbly flesh to the co-workers. So, anon, not so nice, but still in the middle of town gym it was. They weren't very helpful. They didn't give a shit whether I joined or not. Nor was it a priority to show me around. Flash forward to me wandering around the compound in a swimming cossy trying to find the damn pool. I bleeding found the dance studio, the cafe, a karate class, the reception but not the pool- not until that is, I made an announcement in the changing rooms and someone pointed me in the right direction.

I avoided the mirrors and sucked my stomach in, which bless me is a ludicrous thing to do as it just emphasizes all the bits of you without muscles to clench. I hid in the water, did ten lengths (laborously) and did the wet walk of shame back to the changing rooms. This time forcing myself to look at my reflection.

I've paid my money. I'm signed up to large, anon gym. No need to feel self conscious. I have no excuses- I have to get healthy and in shape again. I must do this.

No comments: