Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Back

from my adventures which were 80% excellent fun, and in that way after the event that you only remember the good bits, it now feels like it was closer to 90% excellent fun. And yet towards the end I was ready to come home. This place is my heart. The sanctuary I desperately wished for all those miserable long years, but never once believed could be.

So the trip's done me good. I'm full of funny anecdotes and random adventure. I've been emersed in a culture I knew little of. I'm sleep deprived, but refreshed.

But earlier, in that way that only people you love can trample on your soul, I was reminded that love is and was my prisoner. No. No one owns me anymore. No - fucking- one.

4 comments:

Huw said...

I NEVER SAID YOU COULD GO AWAY!





(I was going to leave my comment at that, but was worried it might not be understood it was a gag based on the last two sentences, and I would look really unhinged)

Anonymous said...

haha..crazy fool! :)

ok step away from me now..

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the way a whole host of stuff happened, but you don't mention it AT ALL.

Anonymous said...

ah that's what i specialise in, writing the vaguest, most anonymous blog ever..one would wonder why I bother:)

I'm still wondering how I'm going to write about this weekend (which was equally eventful) without actually saying what happened..