Monday, 6 October 2008
I am Neon Pink
I have good nails. One of the few parts of me that look good through absolutely no effort on my part and every now and then will even earn me a rare compliment. I let The Kid paint them a colour of her choosing. They are now painted for the first time in a very long time- maybe even years. They are neon pink. Which I think is a total clash with my skin tone. Am I brown? Am I beige? Am I olive? I'm not dark enough to look subcontinant asian, not light enough to look meditteranean. My features allowed me to pretend to be mixed race Black-White at Infant school, though that could have just been my mass of dark curls, and why I sometimes pretended to be a race I wasn't is an entirely different matter. What is olive anyway? ANYWAY, for one week only I shall dress as drab and dull as I usually do but with fantastic neon pink nails. Just this tiny hint that there is a completely different woman hidden from view. Not the reflection I do not recognise in glass windows I pass, that is not me at all. It is not my skin I am uncomfortable in. How I long to reflect who I really am. How I wish you could see the person I see in my head. Riddles, I cannot talk plainly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So what is the best colour? Just bright red. Girls should do their nails - it looks good. Men like it. Makes girls look less like tramps when they do their nails.
Do you have a name anonymous?
Felix Gundersson - I shall not post again for while - tell us what happened to you though, another one of your stories :)
is that really your name? Fantastic name :)
Post a Comment