Tuesday, 22 July 2008

Why

do we have pubic hair? Of all the places to sprout hair- why there? And why so wiry? Everything we have is there for a reason, whether you believe in God or evolution or both, so I'm genuinely perplexed and curious. Evolutionary theory aside..

Why the fuck do I think every once in a while that taking a razor down under might be a good idea?! REGROWTH hell. And its not like you can tell anyone why you are wincing or gingerly walking along.

It's so frustrating- what are you meant to do? For one you can't see what the heck you're doing (probably not a good idea when a sharp instrument is at such close proximity to your sensitive lady bits). So, razors do this. Waxing- never going to happen. No way. Cream epilating- was a disaster (er..hair remained put if strangely frazzled and melted). Trimming- just not sufficient enough. Bush? Not an option.

Bleh. Don't mind me, I'll just go wince off shall I.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shave - so wince for me getting too close to my sensitive man bits! S has hers waxed every four/five weeks. I'm a big fan. But not getting bogged down rudeness... If we were evolving we'd have no hair, no finger or toe nails and no teeth. Because we've got all these things it's evidence - to me - that evolution is bunkum. :)

Anonymous said...

so if you shave regularly, do you have the regrowth itch/pain/wince? Or do you get used to it?

Ideally i wish i could just wax, but i'm just not prepared to subject myself to that kind of pain down there..arm pits and legs- no problem.. but not there! Does it hurt her still or is she used to it?

Rad said...

I always thought pubes were there to avoid friction! :D

Anonymous said...

well that's one way to start a fire :)

Huw said...

Pubic and armpit hair serve to act as a visual and, to a limited extend, olfactory signal that a human is sexually mature.

To state - as the gentleman above does - that its existance, along with teeth and fingernails, undermines evolutionary theory is to misunderstand the mechanisms of natural selection. Two things would have to occur for us to see the end of such human characteristics: firstly, having such attributes would have to reduce individuals' ability to procreate (nicks with razor blades thankfully tend not to be severe enough), and secondly an alternative 'mutated' design would have to start cropping up which proved more useful, readily allowing those who possessed it to spread their genes at a greater rate. In the case of body hair, fingernails and teeth, when combined with our day to day environment, I can't imagine any useful alternatives that would lead to them being bred out.