I've been at the gym almost every day for the last ten days or so. If I'm out for the evening, I've been going during lunchtime. I know, it's probably overdoing but I'm about to go away and I want to look my best. It's more than that really. I'm desperate to get in shape. Really. I'm desperate.
God, I used to look good. I used to have a body that was slim, yet curvy and feminine. I wasn't handed it in a plate- I was a fat kid, a tubby teenager, a podgy young woman. Then I sorted myself out and started to enjoy dressing up and looking after myself. It was a revelation to discover what it was like to like being in my own skin, to not avoid mirrors and cameras, to feel light, fit and healthy. How did I let it all slide back on? When did I resign myself to being the ugly frump?
ANYWAY, I'm so proud of myself. Three months ago or so, I could barely run 10 minutes. I mean, how unfit is that? And today, I managed 45 and could have probably kept going a bit longer. FORTY-FIVE minutes!! Well done me! WOOO!
Thursday, 24 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow c. i'm so impressed. you must have some real will power.
Why would anyone run for 45 minutes?
God, I miss being buffed.
hey bod. Its not so much will power as the power of being sick of the state you're body is in. Need to keep it up though.
fwengebola- i was running towards a giant eclair.
Post a Comment