Dad is an academic, one of the most intellectual and knowledgeable people I know. As a child, I thought he knew everything. However, Dad is..lets say a bit patchy when it comes to modern modes of communication.
Up until a few months ago he'd send text messages like formal mini letters. They'd read:
"Dear C, This is your father. I am enquiring about your health. Please give me your email address so that I can reply to that email you sent me. Your Father, City X, the date"
Now he has discovered text speak, but it doesn't follow any of the rules known to teenager. He has this "system" of symbols rather than abbreviations. As far as I can gather "@" means most words starting with the letter A, it means "email", it means "the internet"- infact anything but bloody "at".
This is what I was subjected to last night:
"Dear C, how are you? Whats @ password?"
What's password?? Oh..What's EMAIL password! You're asking me?!
"Using Yahoo does it make a difference?"
Your with Hotmail Dad, we've talked about this..
"Please have a look at @ junk folder for Tennessee Lottery win!"
Arrgghh and with that I logged into his junk folder and deleted the myriad of lottery wins from every state.
It's a matter of time before some Nigerian scam artist gets a hold of Dad's bank details, isn't it?
Sunday, 18 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It's ok - my Dad frequently phones to tell me that he's just won thousands of pounds. When I ask how, he forwards an email that says: 'Congratulations. You've just won thousands of pounds.'
He's a scammer's dream.
maybe..we have the same dad..omg
At least your Dad knows how to enter spaces and doesn't send you a one-word text that fills up the entire screen...
that HAS happened...:)
and welcome
C
This post has had me crying with laughter! Brilliant!
Post a Comment