Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Weekend in the country

with a bunch of school friends I have known 19 years (bloody hell)!

They're all getting paid more than me- BASTARDS!

Though I was rather surprised that Wendy the Barrister is no where near on as much as I thought. I wish I knew how much the GPs are on..

Suddenly everyone is either Just Married/engaged/popping out first child. Jesus, when did we become adults? One minute WE are 11 and the next THEY are all grown up with houses, complicated professions, husbands and babies...I don't get it.

Wow. I used to always shrug to myself that everyone's got a crap lovelife and to find Mr Right was so unlikely it was neglible. But blimey they've proved me wrong, it is possible, and a number of them have been with the same person for years. Have I even ever had a relationship? Or has it only been a series of dates at best?

I'm not even going to count The Engagement from Hell in this.

I'm 30 and that's all I can say for myself. Hi, I'm C, and I have no idea what it is to have a "relationship". To feel mutual love or warmth. Really, I don't. Heck, I'm surprised when a man is nice to me, let alone anything more romantic/solid.

Fuck it, live with it, you're gonna be the freaky old lady with lots of cats. But heck I'll have a heck of a lot of inappropriate men stories to tell other people's grandkids :)

Looser single person thing aside, it was a lovely weekend. Picture postcard. Beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

c, just bear in mind that the grass isn't always greener on the other side and "successful" or "happy" appearances can be deceptive.

Anyway, before I lapse into cliche (oops, I may have done that already). Don't lose faith and hope, but especially in yourself.

(Was that a cliche too? Damn)

Anyway, I mean well and wish you well :)

Anonymous said...

thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what he said; *they*'re all mourning the death of their souls on their secret blogs, wondering if this wanker is the best they can do in life and why they *setlled* instead of having the guts to stick it out and look for someone who completes them, like C did....

Anonymous said...

:) oh i definitely like that version of events..

C