Because it really is the least of my woes (more serious family stuff filed away in a mental envelope and ignored cos thinking on it makes me want to reach out for the razor blades again), and perversely is amusing and not, guess what funny thing happened to me today?!
I got STOOD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought a date/company might entertain me/keep my mind off things, so I DRAGGED myself out of bed far too early this morning, and braved the cold so I could meet him on a bridge and then get brekkie for a couple of hours. I was 10 mins late (just 10). A trickle of tourists went by, and joggers, and other idiots that were also half freezing to death to glance at the pretty view of the city from that end of the Thames. I waited for 45 mins till my fingers, ears and toes were painful with cold and then thought: "fuck this for a sunday morning, I'm going back to bed".
And just as soon as I get the feeling back in my fingers, ears and toes, I will remove my woolly hat, scarf, boots and coat and climb back into bed.
*cough* WANKER *cough*
...
P.S. Mr D (aka the one I've been pining on and off for, for the last 5 years, who occasionally dates me when he has time, and I pretend to be cool and modern and without feelings about) got in touch last week after the usual 3-4 month absence. And I broke my recent bout of not wanting to go anywhere near a bloke and agreed to try and meet up. I have utterly no resistance to the man. Anyway we didn't manage it as our schedules clashed. Right.
Sunday, 4 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's a damn sight more interesting than my love life, although admittedly I'm avoiding all of that dating nonsense because it makes me panic.
nonsense is right.
The excuse, I need to hear the excuse.
what a dick to stand you up. You're braving than I am... i wouldn't see anyone in the morning.
Huw- he slept through his alarm apparently. I think it may just be lame enough to be true, plus he hasn't stopped apologizing.
H- my exact feelings too. A date in the bright morning is appearance suicide..the twilight is a girl's best friend etc..but as it turned out the cold put colour in my cheeks, so i didnt look too bad! :)
Post a Comment