So, I'm walking to work through the City, deep in a sweet day dream. I stop to cross the road at Bank, but decide to wait for a couple of cars to clear the way, when..
a man jumps into the center of the road and shouts to me:
"Come on, come on, cross now! I've made it safe for you! Come on! Come on!"
OhGod how do I always attract the attention of the nutters? People are looking at us. The dude is still in the middle of the road.
"I would dieee for you! Come on, come on, come on!"
Brilliant. This has got to be the best nutter I have met yet, even if he is making me a bit nervous. So I cross the road, silently apologising to everyone else.
"Well say thank you then!"
"Thankyou"
And off he went. Bizarre.
Tuesday, 2 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
One day that might actually work for him, and someone will be impressed.
:) A superhero wannabe, obviously
the worst nutter in the City is a middle-aged guy that walks around asking you for 40 pence to use the phone because he's "left his mobile" at home. He's well dressed and speaks politely, but it's like he's on a tape loop as he's approached me several times over the past few years and never appears to remember me. If you ignore him he gets really angry.
hmm..not met that one..but knowing my luck tis a matter of time
Post a Comment