OMG, you know those awful late night ads on telly for calling "girls in your area"? Well, every time I see them, I can't get over just how ew 2 out of every 3 girls pouting "seductively" at the camera are. One unwashed bottle blonde with a boney face and horsey features just baffles me. And then low and behold I turn on t'telly and there she is on this godawful reality show on T4 about people who THINK they are very attractive- Larissa her name is.
Up until this point I'm like..ok..not my idea of attractive but hey. But hearing and watching her un this show- what an ugly person. Bitchy, vain, nasty and utterly deluded about her looks and how unnattractive she thinks everyone else is- wow.
I've never "got" people who are very confident about their looks. It's a concept very alien to me, and it's interesting how that belief shapes their personality. But something weirder to me are those who really aren't anything special to look at, but utterly believe they are. I just don't get it. Do they inhabit the same world I do? Where does this delusion come from?
To fuel my irritation I currently know two people who to put it kindly are "meh", but who can't stop banging on about how many people want them. M is convinced everyone is eyeing him up or sexually harrassing him, and is really nasty about it. When I say everyone, I mean literally everyone he comes across during the day, from the cleaner to the person passing him a sandwhich. And F surrounds herself in sex starved teenage boys and then insists on telling us daily about how everyone wants her and how out of their league she is. Oh please. In. Your. Dreams.
Deep down I sense that maybe there's some serious over compensating going on, it just makes utterly no sense otherwise, but I have to hold down the bitch inside me that wants to break them in one fell swoop with: "M- I would rather gauge my eyes out and eat them then sleep with your ugly hairy gut! And F, sweetheart, have you seen your nose?"
Arrrgghhh! Fucking deluded arrogant fools. Aint nothing more irritating than a beautiful person, than a person that vocally thinks they are, but so isn't.
Saturday, 1 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You nailed it with the 'serious over compensating'.
I was watching a woman in a restaurant the other SAturday, and with all the eye widening, touching, and hair flicking going on, it was clear that once upon a time sher had been a beautiful woman, and used to manipulating men to do exactly what she wants them to do. Unfortunately, with 40 something eyebags and a rear the size of a donkey's it didn't have quite the same effect.
But showed up quite ruthlessly the mindset of beautiful women. (Not one of them myself, never have been, and glad to have escaped that way of acting, too, if it's an inevitable part of it.)
Nothing much to add, I'll admit - but some of the most attractive people to me have always been the ones who were completely unaware of their own attractiveness. And that in itself perhaps was part of their appeal.
sarsparilla-ohgod that's the saddest kind, the person still trying to use their looks when they have long gone.
jonners- hello:) oh definitely, there is something incredibly sexy about an attractive person that is unaware of the effect they have..you know, just effortless.
Post a Comment