Tuesday, 19 February 2008

The Age of Blogging

On 21st February, I'll have been blogging in one form or other for five years. That first year, 2003, was the year it all went crazy. To write it was necessary. And now I want to write, and I don't want to write. I miss that first age of blogging when it was this new medium and you'd find you had a window into lives you'd never otherwise know. But I feel it's passed. It's finished or it's gone elsewhere and I missed the bit where you get on..or something. My analogy is..blah..Anyway..I keep trying to find new blood, I get glimpses of good stuff but I'm looking for more. Someone recommend me a few good blogs to read!

7 comments:

Huw said...

I know what you mean - the community feel has gone from it now. Plus, I think, the spread of Facebook allows people who didn't really like writing to express themselves. About 2 years ago, I was really into it - checking my stats, spending ages looking for new blogs, getting involved in comments banter. I rarely do any of that now.

Currently, I would recommend:

http://ihatetheearth.blogspot.com/ - a blog in the good old fashioned ranting sense.

&

http://thebigsideorder.blogspot.com - often lengthy posts, but written so well.

Where'd you recommend?

Anonymous said...

excellent! Thanks for the recommendations will check them out. The one's i REALLY REALLY liked folded some time ago.

I have to agree facebook has played a part in that that's where any community or urge to keep posting/writing has gone for once bloggers. It's a shame.

But i too have totally neglected the medium, and am trying to get back into writing more. But not too much!

Anonymous said...

ooh they're good- thanks!

C

Laura Willows said...

Interesting post. This is all new to me! I started blogging a few months back so still not really sure how it all works.

Have you read http://www.dooce.com?

Anonymous said...

so what got you into blogging?

Laura Willows said...

I started when I did some work in Africa, mainly so I could keep people up to date with what I was doing and then carried on when I got back.

You?

Brennig said...

I guess you're sorted with stuff to read by now, but what interests you?